Windows 10 is all about making our lives easier. From finding what you want, to getting the best performance, to staying in touch with friends, Windows 10 makes it easier to do all that with a secure, secure OS. Like with any OS, the best way to get the latest drivers is to update them via Windows Update. If you’re not feeling up to the task of updating all of your drivers at once, however, there are a few easy ways to do it.
Since the Windows 10 OS released, millions of users have switched to Windows OS, but still have to deal with outdated drivers. This is because users can’t update drivers on Windows OS, because it requires OEMs to update drivers on their OS. Until the OS is updated by OEMs, users can find several ways to update drivers on Windows OS.
Windows 10 is the best version of Windows to date, and I’ve been using it since it launched in 2015. It was a massive overhaul of Windows and brought the OS in line with how we use our computers today. For example, it combines many features found in Windows 8 and 10, and adds a few features we’ve never seen before. Windows 10 has a great start menu and also integrates into the Windows Store, which has an updated look and feel.
In a Windows PC, drivers play a critical role. They provide as a link between the operating system and the hardware. The hardware will not operate or will perform incorrectly if drivers are not installed. Keeping your drivers up to date is always a good idea since it allows your hardware to function with newer versions of the OS and protects it from any vulnerabilities. So, if you want to keep up to date with the newest drivers and avoid any security flaws, here’s how to update drivers on Windows 11.
You can update your device drivers in Windows 11 using a variety of ways. Even if you’re using Windows 10, you’ll be able to update your drivers using the same techniques. The time it takes to update drivers varies depending on which ones you wish to update. In the end, the speed with which the driver may be downloaded is determined on your internet connection. So, if you’re interested in learning how to update your drivers on a Windows 11 computer, keep reading.
On a Windows 11 computer, there are four primary methods to update your drivers. The instructions are straightforward and simple to follow. Continue reading to find out which technique will work best for you.
How to use Windows Update to update Windows 11 drivers
Windows Update has been much enhanced, particularly in Windows 11, and now includes choices that allow you to select when and how to install or download updates for your device.
- To access the Settings app, go to the Start Menu and choose it.
- To bring up the update and settings page for your machine, click Windows Update on the left side.
- Check for updates by clicking the Check for Updates icon.
- The Windows Update service will first see whether there are any updates available for it. If it does, it will install them and then begin searching for any available updates.
- The Windows Update service will display driver updates for key hardware like your CPU and GPU with any system or Windows Defender updates for the majority of the items.
However, if it does not seem that any device driver updates are available, there is another option.
- Click Advanced Options while you’re still on the Windows Update screen.
- You will now be presented with a screen that is chock-full of choices.
- Receive updates for additional Microsoft products may be found at the top of the page. Toggle to the On position by selecting the toggle and sliding it to the On position.
- When you choose this option, the Windows Update service will now search for additional updates, such as driver updates, whenever you ask it to do so.
You may also use another technique to attempt to obtain driver updates for your Windows 11 computer. Here’s what you’re supposed to do.
- Simply scroll down until you find Optional Updates and click on it now that you’re on the Advanced Options page.
- Other updates, such as system feature updates, quality upgrades, and driver updates, will be available here.
- You’ll be able to check whether any updates are available since it displays the number of updates available.
- If an update is available, it will display the number; otherwise, it will display none.
How to use Device Manager in Windows 11 to update drivers
- Type Device Manager into the Start Menu. Simply hit the Enter key when it appears.
- The Device Manager displays a list of your system’s installed devices.
- You must first choose the device for which you want to update the drivers.
- To bring up the context menu, right-click on it. Update Driver is the option to choose.
- It will now ask whether you want to search for driver updates online or search the system for any previously downloaded drivers.
- If you choose Search Automatically, it will begin searching for driver updates and, if one is discovered, begin downloading it.
- If an update is detected, it will be installed and you will be prompted to restart your computer.
- Restart your computer, and your device should now be using the most recent driver version.
How to Update Drivers via the Device Website on Windows 11
The Windows Update or Device Manager methods may not always be able to provide you with a driver update for a specific device. In this situation, all you have to do is go to the device’s website (Asus, Acer, Dell, etc.) and look for the downloads folder. Simply look up your device’s model number to check if any updated drivers have been published. Then, after you’ve located the driver update, download it and install it. This is a quick and simple method to update your drivers on a Windows 11 computer.
How to use OEM update program to update Windows 11 drivers
This program will now be unique to its own brand, depending on the manufacturer system you are using. Many systems, including those from Dell, Lenovo, Asus, and others, will come with system updater software. This software checks for updates for different drivers and installs them as and when they become available. This program also downloads BIOS and motherboard updates. Drivers obtained from such software are typically custom-tailored to work with a certain device model. The additional benefit is that they will be stable drivers that will not cause your system to become unstable or cause device usability problems.
These are the most effective methods for updating drivers on a Windows 11 computer. None of them are difficult, yet which one is the best? Installing driver updates does not need the use of third-party driver updater applications. Because they may not have the most up-to-date driver for your device, and if you want to download all of them at once, you’ll be prompted to buy a membership, or you’ll be bombarded with advertisements and even be asked to download undesirable software.
You Might Also Enjoy – How to Remove Apps from Windows 11
Which of these approaches worked best for you? Please let us know in the comments section below. Also, please spread the word about this post to your friends.
More Related Content:
Windows 10 is a great operating system. It’s got a lot of useful features, and most importantly it’s incredibly secure. However, there are still a number of software-based drivers that you might need to install on a Windows 10 system. If you haven’t upgraded your drivers yet, it may be a good idea to do so as soon as possible.. Read more about windows 11 driver support and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an easy way to update all drivers?
Yes, you can update all drivers with a single click on the Windows Update website.
How do I update drivers with driver easy free?
Driver Easy is a free download that will automatically update your drivers for you. It will also provide you with an option to install any missing drivers for you.
How do I install drivers on Windows 11?
To install drivers on Windows 11, you have to download the driver from the manufacturers website and then install it.
- windows 11 drivers download
- windows 11 device manager
- windows 11 keyboard driver
- windows 11 driver model
- windows 11 nvidia drivers